I had read some reviews about an all you can eat sushi buffet in South Lake Tahoe called Sato ($24.95). I had planned on going to Harveys for the seafood buffet, but I guess its gone. Anyway, I got myself good and hungry for the place. We went with a couple of friends so there were a total of four of us. When we first got there I noticed there was no room up at the sushi bar (Which is where you have to sit for the all you can eat). We waited around 30 minutes until some room freed up at the bar. The way it works is you sit at the bar and order as you would at any other sushi bar choosing from their various rolls, or nigiri. A few minutes after putting our order on the counter it started coming back. Everything I had was great. Some of my favorites would be the scallop, the hamachi was great, as was teh smoked salmon. The sushi chef was a real nice guy and very personable. I do think though that he misunderstood when I asked what was fresh (His response was everything was fresh). I guess maybe next time I'll ask whats good today. For myself I stuck to nigiri other than a great spicy salmon skin hand roll which was huge. My wife had a spicy tuna roll which she said she really liked, as well as a Philadelphia roll which she said she also liked. My friends had various rolls (Not sure which ones unfortunately) but they liked all that they got. Unfortunately I was a little hurting from a wedding the night before so I didn't try any of their sake. But, as I plan on making this place a definite must go to every time I'm in South Lake I will definitely try some next time. If I were to have one complaint about the place it would be that it would be nice that if everyone was doing the all you can eat if you could sit at a table instead of having to wait for a spot at the bar.
Quality of food = 8 Service = 8 Value = 10 Cleanliness = 8
I have been in the mood for a plate of really good sushi. When my husband insisted we try this place I was to interestead because I all you eat buffets for sushi usually a little something to be desired. HOWEVER I was super thankful we tried this place out. The rule here is you must sit at the bar to do the all you can eat. We waited a bit but that was ok.
It starts with miso soup and salad. Then you get your list of things to do choose from. Lots of fish choice and even roll choices. The tuna was delicious and the salmon buttery. I love a great spicy tuna roll and this place had the best I have had so far. Everything was good and even though it was a all you can eat they were over the top with the rice of slim with the fish. I can promise you next time I'm in Tahoe I will be heading back.
3 comments:
Been to Sato? Please tell us your thoughts.
I had read some reviews about an all you can eat sushi buffet in South Lake Tahoe called Sato ($24.95). I had planned on going to Harveys for the seafood buffet, but I guess its gone. Anyway, I got myself good and hungry for the place. We went with a couple of friends so there were a total of four of us. When we first got there I noticed there was no room up at the sushi bar (Which is where you have to sit for the all you can eat). We waited around 30 minutes until some room freed up at the bar. The way it works is you sit at the bar and order as you would at any other sushi bar choosing from their various rolls, or nigiri. A few minutes after putting our order on the counter it started coming back. Everything I had was great. Some of my favorites would be the scallop, the hamachi was great, as was teh smoked salmon. The sushi chef was a real nice guy and very personable. I do think though that he misunderstood when I asked what was fresh (His response was everything was fresh). I guess maybe next time I'll ask whats good today. For myself I stuck to nigiri other than a great spicy salmon skin hand roll which was huge. My wife had a spicy tuna roll which she said she really liked, as well as a Philadelphia roll which she said she also liked. My friends had various rolls (Not sure which ones unfortunately) but they liked all that they got. Unfortunately I was a little hurting from a wedding the night before so I didn't try any of their sake. But, as I plan on making this place a definite must go to every time I'm in South Lake I will definitely try some next time. If I were to have one complaint about the place it would be that it would be nice that if everyone was doing the all you can eat if you could sit at a table instead of having to wait for a spot at the bar.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 10
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $30 with tip for buffet
I have been in the mood for a plate of really good sushi. When my husband insisted we try this place I was to interestead because I all you eat buffets for sushi usually a little something to be desired. HOWEVER I was super thankful we tried this place out. The rule here is you must sit at the bar to do the all you can eat. We waited a bit but that was ok.
It starts with miso soup and salad. Then you get your list of things to do choose from. Lots of fish choice and even roll choices. The tuna was delicious and the salmon buttery. I love a great spicy tuna roll and this place had the best I have had so far. Everything was good and even though it was a all you can eat they were over the top with the rice of slim with the fish. I can promise you next time I'm in Tahoe I will be heading back.
Post a Comment