I was up in South Lake Tahoe for a wedding this weekend and went to Berts Cafe for breakfast on the way out. A couple of my friends were actually the ones that suggested it as they had eaten there the day before and really liked it. Right when they started talking about it I knew I had been there before, and remembered really liking it. It was a Sunday around 11:30 so we had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. Once we were seated it didn't take me long to decide what I wanted to eat, the homemade corn beef hash and eggs ($8.95) with home fries. The corn beef hash was really good, and the home fries great. At first I was thinking the portion was somewhat small but by the time I was done I was plenty full. My wife had the eggs benedict ($8.95) which she said was excellent. My friends each had the corn beef hash, and one had the corn beef hash benedict ($10.95) which looked really good. If you are in the South Lake Tahoe area and looking for a good breakfast, definitely go check out Berts Cafe.
Quality of food = 8 Service = 8 Value = 8 Cleanliness = 7
I had the eggs benedict and it was delicious. Instead of a slice of the usual boring tomatoe they actually served it with their own creation of diced tomatoes. YUMMY! I also noticed that I didn't need to add any sauce to my hollandize instead it was tasty in it's own right. They make in known it made fresh daily. The pototoes (Homefries) were delicious. The coffee was diner coffee but not so bad. I highly recommend!
3 comments:
Been to Bert's Cafe? Please tell us your thoughts.
I was up in South Lake Tahoe for a wedding this weekend and went to Berts Cafe for breakfast on the way out. A couple of my friends were actually the ones that suggested it as they had eaten there the day before and really liked it. Right when they started talking about it I knew I had been there before, and remembered really liking it. It was a Sunday around 11:30 so we had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. Once we were seated it didn't take me long to decide what I wanted to eat, the homemade corn beef hash and eggs ($8.95) with home fries. The corn beef hash was really good, and the home fries great. At first I was thinking the portion was somewhat small but by the time I was done I was plenty full. My wife had the eggs benedict ($8.95) which she said was excellent. My friends each had the corn beef hash, and one had the corn beef hash benedict ($10.95) which looked really good. If you are in the South Lake Tahoe area and looking for a good breakfast, definitely go check out Berts Cafe.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 7
Avg cost per person - $15 with tip
I had the eggs benedict and it was delicious. Instead of a slice of the usual boring tomatoe they actually served it with their own creation of diced tomatoes. YUMMY! I also noticed that I didn't need to add any sauce to my hollandize instead it was tasty in it's own right. They make in known it made fresh daily. The pototoes (Homefries) were delicious. The coffee was diner coffee but not so bad. I highly recommend!
Post a Comment