Monday, October 27, 2008

The Buffet at Montbleu

Read & Write Reviews

55 Highway 50 (In Montbleu)
Stateline NV 89449
888-829-7630
www.montbleuresort.com
Map It

2 comments:

Jeff said...

We got in to South Lake Tahoe last night for a friends wedding and most people were at the rehearsal dinner so we decided to go try the buffet at the Mont Bleu, where we are staying. The cost was $17.99 (I think that might go up on the weekends as they have a lobster buffet on Fridays, and Seafood and Steak on Saturdays and this was a Thursday). The first thing I noticed when we walked in was how dead the place was which is never a good sign. Then again we were there around 6pm so a little early, and it did end up filling up a bit later. I made my way to the line and first thing I saw was pizza, no thanks. My wife actually had some and said it was actually pretty good. They had a few things of Chinese food that didn't look all that great, I did try some of the mixed vegetables with shrimp which was about as good as I had expected it to be. I then saw their leg of lamb and prime rib. The Lamb unfortunately was pretty dried out, probably because it'd been sitting there a while since it was so dead in there at that time. The prime rib was pretty tasty though and I ended up eating way too much of it. After I finished my first plate and made my way back to where the prime rib was and got another huge slice of that, and tried some of the baked chicken. Unfortunately I had filled up my plate before I realized on the other side there were baby back ribs (Which ended up being just ok, pretty dry) and some pretty good beef brisket as well as some surprisingly good cioppino. I mean, the cioppino wasn't like something you'd get in San Francisco or anything, but for a buffet it wasn't bad. I didn't have any room left for any dessert but my wife got this chocolate mousse cake looking thing that looked pretty good and she seemed to like. I would have liked to have tried their lobster buffet but I've got a wedding to go to tonight, and wouldn't want to go to the same place twice anyway so hopefully someone else can tell me how their Fri and Sat night buffets are.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8

Danielle said...

I will say I was a little disappointed by this buffet. Lets face it $17.99 is alot of money well to me anyway so with that I expected to have a huge buffet with many choices. That wasn't true and I wouldn't have the same complaint if it was around $10.99. Now that that is out of the way I will say the food quality was actually ok. The pizza was surprisingly good and in all fairnes I don't eat red meat so I was extremely limited on my choices. I didn't try the asian food but I did notice the same guy going up twice for shrimp.